JVM: (Java Virtual Machine)
- Java Virtual Machine plays the central role in this concept.
- Each operating system has their own JVM, when output they produce after execution of bytecode is same across all operating systems.
- javac compiler of JDK compiles the java source code into bytecode so that it can be executed by JVM.
- JVM executes the bytecode generated by compiler.
- Java byte codes can be thought of as the machine language of the JVM.
- Java was designed with a concept of ‘write once and run everywhere.
- That is why we call java as platform independent language
JRE: (Java Runtime Environment)
JRE includes JVM, browser plugins and applets support.